Reiki is a natural healing system that uses variable frequency energy to heal. The energy is electromagnetic in nature and, as patients from Newmarket, Aurora, Toronto and the surrounding area know, reiki is a treatment for all aspects of a person’s physical, emotional, mental and spiritual essence.
What is Reiki treatment?
Reiki is a Japanese term consisting of two words, Rei and Ki. The word rei is defined as the universal energy outside all living things, the highest spiritual consciousness, that can be measured by modern instrumentation as having a frequency of 7,200 cps or higher. Ki, (or Qi), is described as the primary life force permeating and sustaining all living things. Qi, as believed in many Eastern traditions, needs to flow freely throughout the body and every aspect of its internal systems to maintain homeostasis. An emotional trauma or a physical illness for example can cause a blockage in the flow of Qi, this disturbs the path of the energy through our bodies and can result in illness or disease. The healthier someone is the more Qi they will have flowing through their body. During a reiki session the practitioner lays their hands on, or above the recipient while channeling Qi through their being as means to reestablish the unimpeded flow of energy in these pathways.
How Reiki Treatment Works.
Through assessing and releasing aspects of yourself that no longer serve a harmonious purpose, you can make room to create a healthier way of being. Once you create a new healthy paradigm, the next step is to reintegrate these new aspects of yourself and to get them to work in harmony to establish a state of wholeness for your highest benefit. Reiki treatment is therefore not only a means to assist in the release of blockages, but also facilitates in re-synthesizing and re-patterning the energy field to reflect this healthier state.
Reiki can also be performed at a distance, for both humans and animals in the event that the recipient is located in a different province or country, or is not available in person to receive their treatment. Please refer to the FAQ for more information on distance healing and how it works.
The Benefits of Reiki Treatment
Reiki treatment can help:
- chronic and acute illnesses, including serious problems like heart disease and cancer as well as skin problems, flu, fatigue, headaches, and back pain.
- first aid (it speeds up healing).
- reduce pain and nausea after allopathic treatments such as chemotherapy or surgery.
- your body to be fully prepared for surgery, including using less anesthesia, and a shortening recovery.
- tissue regeneration to replace scars and burns.
- lessen arthritis pain and stiffness, and increase ease of movement.
- improve circulation to reduce swelling from many causes (injury, surgery).
- balance the organs and glands and their bodily functions.
- lessen and provide relief from symptoms of Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and other auto immune diseases.
- strengthen immune system, and improved capacity of your body’s ability to clear toxins.
- support pregnancy, childbirth, and postnatal–many women report painless childbirth using reiki.
- Cultivates the awareness of choosing healthy thought forms and how they manifest in creating a positive experience in all aspects of your life.
- Your mind becomes calmer.
- Improved memory.
- Enhanced creativity.
- Helps you contact the ‘healer within’ and relief from emotional upset, anxiety and depression.
- Restful sleep with more vivid dreams during sleep.
- You think clearer and you can ‘see’ clearer.
- Increased self-confidence, realizing that you have all the answers to your questions within yourself at every moment.
- Enhanced personal awareness.
- Deep relaxation, the mind calms and becomes less erratic.
- Eases depression, insomnia, anxiety, lack of confidence, addiction and fear-based illnesses.
- Increases awareness of how emotions have both a positive and negative effect on our being; helps us to choose positive emotions.
- Increased intuition and creativity leads to a more purposeful direction in life.
- Feel more connected and in tune with others and the universe.
- Peace, unity, a greater understanding of “the bigger picture” and how you have been influenced and grown by experiencing pivotal events in your lifetime in a positive way.
- A sense of being in alignment with your purpose.
- Opening of extra-sensory capabilities to perceive subtle energies through clairsentience, clairaudience, clairvoyance, precognition, telepathy and psychic abilities.